Best Drain Snake
Best Drain Snake – Buying Guide and Reviews
Clogged drains are an inevitable occurrence that is bound to happen to all of us. While calling plumber might seem like the only convenient option, you should know that there are several tools that can help clear your toilet with relative ease. One such tool is the drain snake, a simple and effective contraption that can help you save plumbing expenses. We’ve reviewed the best drain snake on the market today.
The main attributes of the best drain snake
Before buying a drain snake, you need to familiarize yourself with some of the most important characteristics of these tools. Here are a few factors that you should keep in mind:
This is one of the first factors that you should consider. Needless to say, you should get a drain snake that is long enough to reach the clog in your toilet.
The thickness of the cable is a critical factor that is often neglected. The cable should be at least 1 inch smaller than the diameter of the pipe. If you get a drain snake that has a very tick cable, it won’t be able to fit.
Quality of the handle
In order to effectively clear a clog, you need to maneuver the drain snake quite a bit. This can only be achieved if the handle is designed to provide a secure and comfortable grip.
Best drain snake reviews
Toilet augers are one of the best options for you due to their ability to clear the toilet without damaging the porcelain. Moreover, augers tend to be very cheap and are significantly more effective than plungers. This particular unit features a heavy-duty cable that is further reinforced with three separate wrappings around its central core for added effectiveness and has a sturdy and ergonomically designed handle that is easy to grip. Additionally, the auger is made from high-quality materials that are corrosion resistant and it is designed to last for a very long time.
- This toilet auger is remarkably sturdy and durable
- The price is fairly low
- The handle is ergonomically designed and easy to grip
- It can clear a clogged toilet without damaging the porcelain
- It is very easy to use
- It requires a little bit of force
- Storage could be an issue due to the size of the unit
This small unit is effective when it comes to clearing small drains in your home. It can also be used for minor clogs in your kitchen or in the bathroom sink. Due to its versatility and compactness, this hand snake would constitute a valuable addition to your toolkit. It can get the job done in less than 10 minutes and it will save you the money that you would otherwise have to spend on hiring a plumber. This one is really one of the best drain snake for home use.
- It is very small which makes it easy to store
- It can handle different types of drains
- It is easy to maneuver
- The level of craftsmanship is high for the price point
- There are no instructions explaining how to use the tool
- Not suited for drains that are over a foot and a half
One of the main concerns that users tend to have when looking for a new drain snake is whether or not the unit is powerful enough to effectively clear their drains. If you are worried about the lack of torque in small hand snakes, a powerful tool like the Ridgid 36003 might just be what you need. This professional grade drain snake is powered by a motor and is designed to handle large clogs in various types of drains.
- This tool is extremely effective with large clogs
- It is very light and easy to grip
- It comes with a number of practical power features
- It is easy to store
- The price is relatively high
- More instructions could have been beneficial
This affordable drain snake is ideal if you want a simple and cheap tool that is easy to use and store. The FlexiSnake’s effectiveness is owed mostly to its unique hooks; they’re designed in a way that enables them to collect hair, filth, and grime without causing any damage to the pipe or to the toilet’s porcelain. It also boasts an extra-long design that enables it to clear the deep clogs that most units in this price range can’t handle.
- It is easy to use and requires no plumbing prerequisites
- It has a slender design that makes for convenient storage
- The unique design of the hooks ensures that the clog is cleared without causing any damage
- Great value for the price
- It is not very durable
- It isn’t as versatile as advertised
Ryobi is a name that every handyman is aware of. The company has built a well-earned reputation for making some of the most powerful cordless appliances in the market, and this auger snake is a perfect example of that high standard of quality. The P4001 One+ has a number of unique features and attributes that differentiate from other options, namely the convenient auto-lock system that allows it to continuously operate without having to squeeze the trigger, and the proprietary GripZone that allows you to handle the tool without the need for gloves. All these features makes this one of the best drain snake to buy.
- It comes with a lengthy 3-year warranty
- It is equipped with a convenient auto-lock system
- You can use it without professional gloves
- It has a rear drain that prevents water from damaging the tool
- It is too heavy
- It doesn’t come with the battery and charger
A drain snake is without a doubt the most convenient, easy to use, and affordable bathroom appliance that you could invest in. Consider getting one as soon as possible and avoid paying a plumber for something that can be fixed in mere seconds.