Best LED Work Light
Best LED Work Light 2019 – Buying Guide and Reviews
Whether you are a professional or simply a DIY enthusiast, you have probably found yourself in a situation where you had to work in the dark or under a very dim light. Anyone who has experienced these work conditions can attest to how frustrating they can be. Fortunately, led work lights were created with the sole intention of solving this issue. Below is a brief overview of some of the best LED work light on the market.
Factors you should know before buying
When it comes to LED work lights, the market offers you a plethora of unique design concepts and innovative features, however, all these tools share the same basic function and the main variables that determine their quality are virtually identical.
Stability of the tripod
If you go with a model that includes a tripod, you need to make sure that it is stable enough to ensure a secure stand for the LED light.
If you are planning to use the light for an extended period of continuous work, it is imperative that you get a model that can effectively diffuse the heat and maintain a cool temperature.
The projection range
Depending on the size of the working area, the LED work light that you get needs to be capable of illuminating the entire space.
Best LED work light reviews
1 – PowerSmith PWL2140TS Dual-Head
This option is ideal if you happen to be working in a large area. The stability and adjustability that is provided by this model are extremely valuable in this particular situation. The tripod that hoists the lights has the ability to extend by more than 80 inches and features a quick-release mechanism that allows you to remove the lights quickly and easily. As far as power is concerned, the PowerSmith isn’t too shabby despite the simplistic and compact design; it uses two powerful 40-watt LED fixtures that boast a staggering total output of over 4,000 lumens. This LED light is currently one of the best led work light with tripod.
- It has the ability to light a large area without producing a lot of heat
- It doesn’t consume a lot of energy
- The tripod is stable and adjustable
- The tow LED fixtures are fairly powerful
- Good value for the price
- The stand could be sturdier
- It doesn’t extend long enough for people over 6’4
2 – Hallomall [15W 24LED] Spotlights – Best Portable Led Work Light
There are many reasons why this model is one of our top picks. First of all, it comes at a very affordable price and it boasts a number of attributes that enable it to operate in various environments. However, the biggest selling point of this unit is without a doubt the practical way that it is powered. Unlike the majority of corded work lights that rely on an external power source, the Hallomall employs a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. This enables you to take the spotlight with you to the outdoors and work in remote areas where there is no electricity, that’s why it’s the one of the best rechargeable led work light.
- It provides great mobility and portability
- The battery life is quite impressive
- The affordable price
- It doesn’t overheat
- It is waterproof
- It is equipped with a USB port that allows you to charge your devices
- The knobs feel a little bit loose
- The glass is liable to break and needs to be handled carefully
3 – Caterpillar CT1000 Pocket Light
This is a good option if you are looking for a compact work light that is both versatile and cheap. This unit from Caterpillar has a slim design that fits effortlessly in your pocket and comes with a rear clip that allows it to firmly attach to your pants. The frame is made from water-resistant reinforced plastic and feels quite sturdy upon close inspection. You can expect to get 7 hours of continuous work out of this work light when you are using three AAA batteries.
- The slim design fits in any pocket
- Comes with a rear clip that facilitates hands-free operating
- Has a water-resistant body
- It can produce 175 lumens of COB LED light
- The projection range is not very wide
- The included magnet is not that strong
4 – Tacklife 5000LM 50W LED Work Light
This work light from Tacklife offers a great angle rotation that enables you to project light into every single corner of your work area. It is remarkably slim which makes for easy storage and boasts a moisture-resistant body that is suited for any type of work environment. More importantly, operating this unit is very easy and is made even more convenient with the inclusion of a set of knobs for adjusting the projection angle.
- The slim yet durable design of the work light
- The practical knobs that allow you to adjust the angle
- It is extremely bright and can produce up to 5000 lumens
- Features an effective heat dissipation mechanism
- The placement of the switch is not optimal
- Some of the locking screws require extra tightening
5 – Milwaukee 2360-20 M18 Trueview LED Hp Flood Light
This work light comes from one of the few companies that have managed to bring professional grade quality to every customer. Its projection range is one of the widest among the options that we reviewed and its energy consumption is fairly low despite its staggering power. It can either operate on a battery or a cord and comes with 3 brightness settings that allow you to adjust the light according to your own preferences.
- Comes with 3 brightness settings for a more customizable work experience
- The projection range is extremely wide
- The beam is very bright
- The battery handles prolonged use
- Its rotation range is not as good as some other similarly-priced options
- It doesn’t come with charging circuitry
A LED work light is a necessary item for anyone who wants to be adequately prepared for any work conditions. All the units in this guide are excellent and fairly affordable, just pick the one that you like the most. The best LED work light is an investment that you will never regret.