Best Portable Workbench
Best Portable Workbench 2019 – Buying Guide and Reviews
Over the past few years, portable workbenches have become a mainstay in a number of applications. This tool has proven extremely effective when it comes to facilitating sanding, sawing, repairing, and drilling. In this guide, we will help you find the best portable workbench for the money.
Main factors you should know
Size: This is the first aspect that you should consider when buying a workbench. The model that you get should be able to fit in your working area.
Weight: This factor can be tricky at times and it is predicated on finding the right balance. You don’t want to get a heavy workbench that is difficult to move, but at the same time you shouldn’t go with the extremely light models since they tend to be poorly constructed.
Nature of the work: Not every workbench is capable of handling every application. With that mind, you should opt for an extremely durable option if you are planning to use it for heavy work.
Best portable workbench reviews
1 – WORX Pegasus Multi-Function Work Table and Sawhorse with Quick Clamps and Holding Pegs
This portable workbench is the latest offering from one of the most established entities in the niche. This particular model has a sleek design and a light construction that ensures a high level of versatility and flexibility. It features a spacious work surface that enables you to work freely without feeling restricted or worrying about tools falling off. Furthermore, it boasts a practical quick-clamping mechanism that makes it remarkably efficient and is fully extendable thanks to its ability to connect to additional models from the company.
- Can handle up to 300 pounds of workload
- It has a compact and lightweight design that makes it easy to carry
- Features a practical quick-clamping design
- It can be connected to different models
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- The lack of a carry handle
- The underside is not flat
2 – Keter Folding Compact Workbench Sawhorse Work Table
This unit comes equipped with a set of extendable legs that are ideal for people who have trouble finding a portable workbench that is suited for their height. The non-adjustable version of this model has the capacity to handle a staggering 1000 pounds of weight, a feat that is virtually unmatched by any other competitor on the market. Moreover, the Keter has several features that add to its convenience and practicality, namely the sturdy carrying handle and the quick opening system.
- The strong and durable resin construction
- The extendable legs that allow the workbench to adjust to your height
- It comes with a sturdy carrying handle that is easy to grip
- It can handle an impressive weight of 1000 pounds
- Doesn’t have storage space for the clamps
- It is relatively heavy
3 – Kreg KWS1000 Mobile Project Center
This compact portable workbench has all the bases covered. Kreg has made sure that this model is equipped with all features that are necessary for both functionality and comfort. It has multiple work modes that are suited for a wide array of applications and boasts a sturdy metal construction that can handle up to 350 pounds of load. Like most models in this price range, it comes with the quick clamping system that ensures more preciseness and stability. Additionally, this workbench can be connected to various other models from Kreg for extra work space and includes a second shelve for increased storage space.
- The working surface is quite large
- It can be easily connected to other tables
- The metal construction is remarkably solid
- Features an extra storage shelve
- It is heavier than it should be
- It doesn’t offer the best price to value ratio in the market
4 – Black & Decker WM1000 Workmate Workbench
Upon close inspection, the first thing that you will notice in this workbench is its strong steel frame. It allows it to handle a max load that exceeds 550 pounds despite having a relatively compact design. The work surface is fairly spacious and the storage options are versatile and practical. Moreover, the Black & Decker is easy to fold and carry. It weighs around 20 pounds and comes with a 2-year warranty
- The compact design is great for portability
- The versatility of the included storage options
- It boasts a very robust construction
- It is easy to set up
- It comes with one hand quick folding
- It does not provide vertical clamping
- It might not be suited for tall people
5 – Black & Decker WM425 Workmate Workbench
This American-made model is a strong candidate for the best portable workbench on the market. The robust steel design of its frame enables it to hold over 500 pounds of load and the work surface itself provides ample space for various types of work. It comes with several great attributes that guarantee stability and ease of use. One of the main features that are worth mentioning is the effective clamping system that is seldom found in mid-range units. The clamps can either be adjusted together or separately, which gives the workbench the capacity to operate on a wide range of projects.
- The effective clamping system
- The workbench has a durable steel frame
- Comes with a host of features that provide flexibility and versatility
- Tremendous value for the price
- Assembling the workbench is challenging for a beginner
- Some parts are made from cheap plastic
Finding the best portable workbench for your needs doesn’t have to be a difficult and time-consuming process. As long as you have a clear idea of what you want from the tool, any of the models that we picked and reviewed here are capable of satisfying you. Take the time to read each review attentively in order to make an informed decision.